Friday, October 4, 2013

Looks Can Be Deceiving

So lately I've been struggling.

Yes, I hate to burst your bubble but this isn't all wine and roses.

In fact, I'm not allowed to drink wine.

I discovered early on in this journey that my body was going to lose the weight how and where it wants to.

This is small consolation when: a) it doesn't feel like anything is happening anymore,  b) you're not losing it where you want to and c) you're not allowed on a fucking scale to gauge your progress.

I find a few things to be a bit ridiculous about the program I'm on but I follow them because either you're all in on this or you're out, mentally and emotionally speaking.

I know I'm still losing. It's obvious. It's just more subtle than it was three months ago.

I'm just not losing where I WANT TO and I'm not losing evenly.

The gut is still huge.

Huge enough to keep me off the roller coasters.

And yet I have a 40 waist.

Which I haven't had since college.

I could ride roller coasters when I was in college.

But here's the thing: I also don't have to request tables at restaurants anymore for not being able to fit in a booth.

I can eat in a restaurant comfortably, but no roller coasters.

And it's all about the damned belly.

I look great otherwise.

This, however, is going to take its sweet time.

So what's the message here?

This road is not always going to be easy.

It requires a level of patience most don't possess.

So what it boils down to is: am I willing to wait for it?

More to the point, am I more willing to wait for it than I am willing to throw my hands up in the air and say, "Oh well! I tried!"

The simple answer is that the belly will go eventually.

And it will be a momentous event.

It's just not going to be today.

So... just for today, I choose to stay the course.

Just for today, I choose to eat right.

Just for today, I choose to be satisfied with my progress thus far.

Just for today, I'm not going to quit.

I'll get up tomorrow and make all those decisions again.

But I'll worry about making them then.

No comments:

Post a Comment