Monday, October 7, 2013

When it Feels Like Nothing is Happening

I have a confession to make to all the folks who have asked for yet another picture of my progress in the last few days.

I haven't taken any more because I just don't look that much different. Things are kind of at a stand-still.

At least outwardly.

This goes along with my last post about how looks can be deceiving. It's true, because I'm still losing weight and I know it.

The problem is that when I see myself in mirrors and the image doesn't appear to be changing anymore, I have no motivation to keep snapping pictures.

the reality of it, though, is that I still do see changes. I FEEL changes. They're happening, just not in ways I can put on display.

Yeah, things have slowed down considerably, but that doesn't mean they've come to a halt.

I'm at the point where I'm probably going to have to fight a little harder and do a little more to keep things moving faster.

This weekend in Maine will be good for that.

So that's my confession: I haven't shared any more pictures because there's really not much to see and I don't want anyone put in a position where they feel they need to be "polite" and comment on the emperor's new clothes.

But please remain encouraged. I am. I know that I'm losing, I know where and I know how.

It is still happening.




No comments:

Post a Comment