Tuesday, June 25, 2013

It Can Be Done



So the Mrs. and I went away for a few days to the resort where we spent our honeymoon 20 years and one month ago. I did not cheat on my diet AT ALL.

It can be done.

I did it.

And I make no apologies for my self-congratulatory attitude. I fucking rule. It's just that simple.

So let's shift gears a little...

I think I need to let you in on a little more of my story.

I started my low carb diet on May 20 and it was a jarring experience.

The journey for me began with hypnotherapy.

Now, I don't want you reading that and instantly deciding that you can't do what I'm doing or have the same results because you have no one to hypnotize you.

You have free will.

You have a brain that can think rationally.

That being the case, you need to understand that I'm losing weight because I decided it was time. I did what I needed to do to get started. You may or may not need similar motivations.

My relationship with food was abusive and ending that relationship was a long time in coming.

I couldn't do that part by myself. Someone needed to come in and guide me.

You may have an easier time of things. I don't know - I don't know YOU. I just know me.

If you live within 100 miles of my hypnotist, I implore you to call her if you're really struggling to make changes.

For everybody else, the best first step is to get off the sugar. For some it's all the intervention they will ever need.

Because it's the sweets and the heavy carbs that your body converts to sugar that keep most people shackled to the wrong kinds of foods and keeps them fat.

I'm not overweight. I'm not obese. I'm fucking fat. It's a horrible adjective, but letting this happen to my body is a horrible thing.

I let this happen. I'm responsible for it. I ALMOST let myself die for my love of food.

Now I'm getting well and dropping a LOT of weight in a very short amount of time. I think that earns me some bragging rights.

Because I'm not quitting. I will have this thing beat in about a year.

So let's talk about sugar some more. It's such a sweet topic.

The very first thing I learned in hypnosis was that anything sweet will set you back. And it's very, very true.

For those of you who have nothing standing in your way besides liking chocolate cake too much - you need to get over it and stop being fat.

Sorry if that offended you.

Actually, I hope it did.

I hope that sentence follows you to bed tonight. Why?

Because if you are capable of doing this without outside intervention and you're still allowing your body to DIE for your love of sweets, I can empathize, but I'll never sympathize.

You look horrible and your body is most assuredly dying. As was mine. I'm still not gorgeous but I'm getting there and so can you.

James Gandolfini was 51. Remember when 51 seemed old?

Not when you're 41 it doesn't. I intend to stick around for more than another decade, thanks.

How about you? Do you love cake more than life? When we die our sweet tooth gets buried with us - just an observation.

Tomorrow I'll tell you how I managed to get a great low-carb meal out of a buffet with a yard of pasta, fried everything and six kinds of bread.

Basically, I've turned into "that guy" and I won't apologize for that either. I'll explain later.


No comments:

Post a Comment