Saturday, July 13, 2013

About 60 Pounds Or So in Seven Weeks

Earlier this week I took the picture below.

I've mentioned that on this program I can't get on a scale so I don't *know* how much I weigh right now.

I do know that this is one of the last milestones that I will be able to accurately guesstimate. The only one after is about 265.

How am I doing it? Simple. I'm trying on old clothes.

So here's the scenario:

My grandmother died in 2010. At that time I didn't have suitable clothes for her funeral so I went to Men's Wearhouse and bought a suit, a shirt, suspenders and a tie.

The shirt is my gauge.

When I bought the shirt I was creeping up in weight after a successful period of weight loss. I was at 315 then, up from about 265 six months earlier.

It had been a stressful year already and Nana dying didn't help. Over the next six months I gained another 50 pounds. It was bad. In a year and a half I went from 265 to 365 and most of that was due to stress eating.

So, anyway, at 315 pounds I got fitted for  a shirt which I still own.

The last time I wore it it was stretching at the buttons. That was at about 330 pounds.

I tried it on earlier in the week and it was at least one size too big, more like two.

So here's how I know I've lost at least 60 pounds (and probably more like 70)...

I started the low carb diet at 365 pounds seven weeks previous.

I tried on the shirt I bought at 315 and it was too big by 1-2 sizes.

That leads me to believe that my weight right now is between 295 and 305 for a net loss of 60-70 pounds.

In less than eight weeks.

Eating animal protein and vegetables in balanced amounts.

Not eating ANYTHING sweet, especially nothing with artificial sweeteners.

Not eating nuts or any kind of vegetable protein.

Eating all the meat I want with an equal or lesser amount of vegetables.

That's it. I still don't go to the gym regularly. My ankle won't let me exercise on traditional equipment yet.

I keep the diet and I never EVER cheat.

And I'm losing over a pound of fat a day.

Here's proof:


Enjoy your Sunday! Talk to you soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment