Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Checking In

Well, it has been a while.

A few of you have contacted me wondering if I'm "all right."

(and by "all right" I assume you mean "still losing weight").

The answer is yes, regardless of what the question represents. I am definitely still losing weight. It has slowed down considerably but the less you have to lose the slower it disappears.

The simple fact of the matter is that, as a professional copywriter, I need to take care of business before writing for pleasure.

And business has been really, really good. That's why you haven't heard from me.

So here's what's going on now...

Since I posted for my one-year anniversary on The Key program, I revisited a place where I took a particularly notorious picture a couple years ago.

The sad part about that picture is that it didn't even represent me at my biggest. It was close, but not entirely accurate.

So I decided to retake the picture.

I even brought along the shirt I was wearing at the time.

The results speak for themselves.


The place we were at is a little (but very impressive) amusement park in central PA called Knoebels. I've been going there since I was a kid. I started taking my kid when he was five.

I've never been able to ride rides with him.

There are only four rides that I could even think about going on with him before now and even then my size made ALL of them uncomfortable, 

This year we rode everything together. There are rides at Knoebels that, before this year, I had never ridden. 

There were rides that I "outgrew" and had to leave humiliated and ashamed.

That is not a problem anymore. 

We spent two days there and pretty much ran out of time to do everything we wanted to do. 

We rode the HELL out of their roller coasters. We more than outspent the price of our unlimited ride passes on coaster rides alone. 

Next month we're going to Maine and my son and I are going to learn kayaking. 

I'm going to stop in at Acadia Bike and see about getting a couple good used bikes for us to start taking in some of the rail trails around here. 

Still not eating carbs.
Still only eating meat and veggies.
Still haven't cheated. No, not once.
Today is day 421.

Waist size on 5/20/13: 46/48
Shirt size on 5/20/13: 3x/4x

Waist size now: 34/36
Shirt Size now: Large/XL

I've also ditched the orthotic brace. My ankle joint can hold my weight again.

So go ahead and breathe a collective sigh of relief. I'm still here and I'm still at it.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Glad to hear about your new adventures. It's about so much more than weight loss, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete